Job title: Banking and Finance Advisor – Risk Management
Reports to: International Advisors
Level of supervision: None
Category: Full-Time Staff
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam and occasional travel to the STEP provinces
The Banking and Finance Advisor will work with and report directly to the Risk Management International Advisor, and collaborate actively to the achievement of the objectives relative to this component of the project . S/he shall assist the international advisor to design and deploy the main activities of the annual work plan. Including but not limited to operational diagnosis, strategy development, methodology and tooling design as well as their implementation . S/he will participate in developing the capacity-building materials, such as methodologies, tools and training kits as well as contributing directly as a trainer and/or coach to their deployment into the partner institutions.
- Minimum Master Degree in Finance, Accounting or other banking-related field.
- Knowledge of banking operations and the Vietnamese banking sector
- Familiar with laws, regulations and prudential norms in place in the banking sector of Vietnam.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in financial institutions in Vietnam, preferably with responsibilities in audit or risk monitoring/management
- Proven experience in the application or design of a risk management framework or audit program and its underlying processes enabling the prevention, identification and control of risks underlying the common operational activities of a financial institution.
- Proven experience as trainer, facilitator, coach or mentor responsible for the transfer of theoretical and practical concepts on general banking practices or other related topics to a large audience
- Knowledge in cooperative credit & saving financial institution model is a plus
- Familiar with Office suite software’s such as MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluent in both English and Vietnamese. Strong writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Lead the design and implementation of new set of risk management methodologies and tools, in particular in internal audit and risk monitoring
- Develop reference documents and tools (toolkits, manuals, concept papers, etc.) relating to the execution and implementation of sound and effective risk management practices at all levels of a cooperative banking institutions.
- Analyze the obstacles and challenges faced by the cooperative credit/microfinance/banking sector in line with the State Bank of Vietnam’s regulations and the Co-opBank’s role and responsibilities regarding the PCF network.
- Advice partnering financial institutions in the planning, development and coordination of the deployment efforts of the project initiatives
- Develop material and disseminate training and coaching sessions, especially using innovative remote-based methods such as videoconferences and e-learning platforms
- Write ad hoc reports in either English or Vietnamese, or both. Proofread technical documents.
- Assess partner satisfaction with regards to the activities and issue recommendations to international experts to adjust activities, when feasible, the most appropriately possible to the Vietnamese context.
- Keep updated on emerging trends and best practices in risk management applicable to the Microfinance and Banking sectors of Vietnam
- Act as project representative at events on the theme of the “Banking, Finance and/or Microfinance”.
- Demonstrated high-level organizational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflow and balance competing priorities to ensure meeting deadlines in a complex and changing environment.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Proactive, patient, dedicated, flexible, disciplined and mature.
- Strong presentation skills and confidant to speak in front of a larger audience.
- Autonomy, professional creativity and attention to details.
- Availability to travel within the country for duration varying from 3 to 5 consecutive days.
Perform other job-related tasks not specifically described in this job description upon mutual agreement with the International Advisors and/or Field Project Director. The Banking and Finance Advisor will be available to travel frequently within Vietnam to STEP provinces as required.
Place: Hanoi, Vietnam
How to apply: Interested incumbents, women or men should send their CV and an application letter in English and proposed expected salary rate per month including compulsory insurances and personal income tax. via email: email@example.com by July 10th, 2020, 16:00 at the latest.
Application deadline is July 10th, 2020, 16:00 at the latest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.