Job title: IT Analyst
Reports to: Field Project Director and International Operations and Systems Advisor/ International IT Advisor
Level of supervision: None
Category: Full-Time Staff
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam with occasional travel to STEP provinces
The IT Analyst will provide technical assistance with design, development and architecture of the different IT solutions proposed by STEP to Co-operative Bank of Vietnam (Co-opBank or CBV) and People’s Credit Funds (PCF) network. The resource will be a key member of the development team, who is seen as a technical and functional platform expert. This role will interface directly with Co-op Bank Departments (Credit, Risk Management, IT Center, etc.) and as well as work with other IT providers and partners to ensure appropriate delivery of technology solutions in accordance with business requirements and objectives.
- Lead complex projects while working effectively with internal and external stakeholders such as business, operations, IT and vendors.
- Develop, clarify and manage the scope of the project, defining project deliverables and achieving targeted outcomes
- Identify and manage overall project dependencies and ensure project deliverables stay on-time, on-target, and on-budget through the management of project metrics
- Leading teams and individuals towards project timelines and identify issues and mitigate risks while providing a professional experience and a common objective
- Analyze the needs and evaluate the options for consolidating, improving or introducing IT banking and other specialized solutions allowing for integrated monitoring of PCF operations and financial performance in addition to the integration of new products and services;
- Recommend solutions to facilitate coordination of partner’s business and IT needs (for banking transactions and operations) and evaluate the financial, human and organizational impacts;
- Define the configuration specifications and business analysis requirements of the solution(s);
- Perform quality assurance validations, support the coordination of some activities and ensure a harmonious and well-adapted implementation of the technological changes into the network;
- Maintain and develop excellent relationships with the key partners by closely working with them to optimize and enhance the integration of the new IT solutions;
- Collaborate to the design, documentation and implementation of the operational processes related to the new IT system and tools and that will be adapted to the existing practices, norms, policies and corporate obligations (risk management, supervision, control, compliance, financial management, etc.) of the partner;
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve tools supporting the monitoring and operational processes that can have added value to the project partners;
- Participate in the design of tools supporting the introduction and scale up of operational and management processes associated to risk management, performance management, and the core system for managing information and transactions;
- Support staff of the PCF network in adapting the new technological environment to practices, norms, policies and corporate obligations (risk management, supervision, control, compliance, financial management, etc.);
- Participate in developing the associated documentation (policies and procedures, user guides, training manuals, etc.) for specialized solutions;
- Provide training, coaching and expertise transfer to the Co-opBank and the PCF staff;
- Contribute and maintain a synergy between the various stakeholders of the project to promote a smooth implementation of the organizational changes;
- Communicate timely key insights and findings to the project team coordinators;
- Maintenance of the solutions implemented.
The position will closely work with the International Operations and Systems Advisor /IT Advisor for the realization of project deliverables by supporting her/him in the successful completion of the analytical, design, testing and deployment tasks of the IT Solutions and the other information tools that are to be identified, selected and implemented within the PCF network.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have a completed University degree in IT / Computer Science in the field of Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance;
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- 3 years of experience in Business / Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance and working with large and complex data warehouse systems with hand-on data architecture experience.
- Proven experience in IT requirements and testing.
- Highly interested in trends related to digital finance.
- Sound knowledge of IT architecture and a global vision of technologies (software and database development, networks, data security, etc.).
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Experience in providing high quality analytical feedback.
- Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Well organized, team player, patient, dedicated, tactful, autonomous, disciplined and mature.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experiences in Banking and Finance is an advantage.
- Familiarity with BI technologies;
- Experience working in international projects with offshore team
Perform other job-related tasks not specifically described in this job description upon mutual agreement with the International Operations and Systems Advisor/ International IT Advisor that requires the prior approval of the Field Project Director. The IT Analyst will be available to travel frequently within Vietnam to STEP provinces as required.
How to apply
Applicants (women and men have a similar opportunity) are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum) and cover letter (1 page) in English indicating an expected gross monthly salary (including personal income tax and compulsory insurance payables by employee) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 11, 2020, 16:00.